Monday, December 05, 2005

"To do nothing and get something, formed a boy`s ideal of a manly career" - Benjamin Disraeli

I was in a nightclub on friday. This brittish guy started talking to me. I tried to avoid him, but couldn`t escape. We started talking and it came out that he was actually a very pleasant person. It was comfortable to talk to him. To my own surprise I told him about my life, about how hard it is to find a proper job, about my goals in life, about what I want to achieve. And you know...with the next sentence he just really pissed me off : "well find yourself a rich man like most young Estonian ladies do". I just laughed, said bye, and walked away.
Is it really that kind of reputation we, Estonian women, have?

Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything..

1 comment:

Jens-Olaf said...

I have family and children, but it did not happen in Estonia. I was there during the economy crisis in 91/92. A couple of months. At that time a monthly salary was not more than 20 or 30 Dollar. I had enough money and I was single. I was reserved, so the female Estonians. Nothing happened.